This policy extends to the Mobile Source Group, including but not limited to our trading companies Mobile Source Pty Ltd, Mobile Source Ltd, Mobile Source Inc, OEM Pro Limited, oempro.com, here now referred to as Mobile Source. Mobile Source is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and other relevant Queensland laws in relation to the management of personal information.
What is personal information?
When used in this Policy, "personal information" has the meaning given in the Privacy Act. Generally, it means any information or an opinion that could be used to identify you.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information if you:
- deal with us directly over the phone;
- have contact with us in person;
- interact with us online, including through our websites, mobile applications(such as WhatsApp, Skype, WeChat) and social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn – these social media channels will also handle your personal information for their own purposes and have their own privacy policies);
- apply for a position with us (either as an employee or as a contractor).
This collection may be required to allow you to:
- join our website as a member;
- receive information from us;
- order goods and services from our online shop;
- receive information about our promotions;
- use our mobile applications; and
- work with us.
Collecting personal information through our website
Our websites use Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Our websites and mobile applications also use the following Google Analytics Advertising Features:
Remarketing and Impression Reporting; and
Demographics and Interest Reporting.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage in order to improve our services.
the opt-out service provided by Google.
Our websites use marketing automation tools that send emails using a number of different services. Each service uses tracking technologies primarily to understand what subjects are interesting to you by monitoring whether their emails are opened and links are followed. This information is then used to improve the emails that are sent to you and to improve the services that are offered to you.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the personal information which you tell us. This may include your name, address, age or date of birth, telephone number, workplace details, email address and goods and services you have purchased.
If you order goods and services from our website, you may also provide credit card details and other information which will allow us to process your request and make the transaction.
We may also request:
- your preferences for receiving further information about our goods and services;
- demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more
- personalised experience or to verify your passwords.
The choice of how much information you provide to us is yours, but if you want to make an account with us and purchase our goods and services we require certain information from you in order to provide those goods and services.
Where possible, you have the option of interacting with us anonymously or using a pseudonym if you feel more comfortable dealing with us that way. For example, if you contact us by telephone with a general question we will not ask for your full name unless we need it to answer your question.
Wherever possible, we will try to collect personal information from you directly, rather than from another person or source, unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
How does Mobile Source use your personal information?
The personal information you provide to us may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information, resources, goods and services you have requested;
- to involve you in promotions undertaken by Mobile Source;
- for the marketing and research purposes Mobile Source, its contractors or service providers;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- for research, advice and information, including for benchmarking purposes;
- to send you emails about our goods and services if you have agreed to receive our emails (you will be provided with an opportunity in each email to decline to receive any further emails from us by unsubscribing – if you are an account holder of our websites, you can also edit your email preferences via your account);
- in the case of marketing automation, to improve the emails that are sent to you and to improve the services that are offered to you;
- to assess any application from you to work with us; and
- if you lodge a complaint with us, to process and respond to your complaint.
Regardless of where in the world you reside, Mobile Source may transfer your data to Australia and process and store it there.
Other than for the purposes described above, we will not use your personal information without your prior consent.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment,
In addition, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal information once we no longer need it.
Disclosure of personal information
- service providers that host our website servers;
- marketing service providers; and
- professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors and lawyers).
We may also disclose your personal information if:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- it is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
Accessing and correcting personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by us, and ask that we correct that personal information. You can ask for access or correction by contacting us and we will usually respond within 30 days. If we refuse to give you access to, or correct, your personal information, we will notify you in writing setting out the reasons.
Complaints about your privacy
If you believe your privacy has been breached or you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us in writing. We will respond within a reasonable period (usually within 30 days).
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (for more information, please see www.oaic.gov.au)
This Policy was last updated
References to “Mobile Source”, "we", "us" and "our" are references to Mobile Source Pty Ltd ABN 47 089 532 or any of its Subsidiaries.
How to contact us
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: PO Box 893, Bribie Island, QLD 4507, Australia